Avondale's Future YFD Center
The City of Chattanooga is investing over $6 million into East Chattanooga through the building of a new Avondale Youth & Family Development (YFD) Center. The new center, which will be built from the ground up, will more than double the square footage of the current Avondale center and include additional new amenities.
We've heard from the community and now it is time to put all of your ideas into action. The architectural team, Hefferlin + Kronenberg, is now in the design phase for the new Center. We will be updating you soon regarding a timeline for the design phase as well as estimated dates for the bidding process to start for site construction.
- As of October 2004, the City partnered with former TN Gov. Bredesen’s Diversity Business Enterprise Initiative. As a result of this partnership, the City no longer maintains a separate mailing list of potential contractors.
- All bids/solicitations can now be found online on the City’s website at http://www.chattanooga.gov/purchasing/bidssolicitations
- All bids/solicitations are also announced in the following media outlets: Time Free Press (the Classified Advertisements section); Chattanoogan.com; the Chattanooga Courier; the Northstar USA Informer.
- All requirements and policies for becoming a contractor with the City are outlined on the City’s website: http://www.chattanooga.gov/purchasing/bidssolicitations
- Businesses NOT currently registered as City contractors may register online: https://vrapp.vendorregistry.com/Vendor/Register/Index/chattanooga-tn-vendor-registration
- For inquiries about specific diverse business enterprises, please contact Vanessa Jackson at the City’s Office of Multicultural Affairs at 423-643-7311 or email@example.com.
- Call for RFQ’s // August 2016
- Deadline for RFQ’s // September 2016
- City received multiple submissions.
- Review Committee analyzed RFQs, requested presentations, and ranked finalists.