- Materials to come....
Priority Area Sessions are where we’ll hear briefly the vision for the priority area, and then we’ll work together to map out the work we’ll do together in the year ahead. This is a great opportunity to meet other people who will be submitting to the same priority area, hear what they’re doing, and share your plans.
Who Should Attend: If you are planning to submit a BFO Offer to a priority area, we strongly encourage you to participate in the respective priority area workshop. You are also welcome to attend if you have an interest in that priority.
RSVP by clicking on the links below.
- Growing Economy Priority Area Session (Nov. 27th at 1:00, Edney 5th Floor)
- Safer Streets Priority Area Session (Nov. 29th at 10:00, Edney 5th Floor)
- Stronger Neighborhoods Priority Area Session (Nov. 29th at 2:30, Edney 5th Floor)
- High Performing Government Priority Area Session (Nov. 30th at 2:30, City Hall Veranda Room)
- Smarter Students, Stronger Families Priority Area Session (Dec. 1st at 10:00, City Hall Mayor's Large Conference Room)
- FY18 Kickoff Presentation
- FY18 Capital Presentation
- BFO Submission Site
- BFO Handouts
- (For Non-profit / community agencies requesting funding through the BFO process) Additional financial documents and eligibility requirements.
- BFO Performance Measurement Checklist
- Initial Offer Instructions
- Agency Training Powerpoint
- BFO Final App Instructions
Resources for Writing
- BFO Offer Questions and Guiding Commentary
- BFO FY17 Scoring Criteria
- *NEW* BFO FY17 Scoring Guidance
- Sample BFO Offer with Comments
- *NEW* Additional Sample BFO Offers (TechGoesHome)
- Explore FY16 Budget
- Explore FY16 Budget Offers
- (For Capital Projects) Guiding Commentary and a Sample Capital Project Offer.
Cross-Results Area Inspiration and Learning Workshops
Performance Management Workshops
- Session 1 Thinking About Performance Management
- Session 2 Goals, Getting the First Thing Right
- Session 3 Getting to the Right Measures
- Session 4 Setting Targets
- GovEx’s Setting Performance Targets: Getting Started Guide
- Session 5 Putting it All Together
- GovEx’s video Talking About Performance (Without Complicating It)
- GovEx’s website
- GovEx’s Benchmarking Guide
The Budgeting for Outcomes Process
The Budgeting for Outcomes process aims to provide you - our budget offer writers - the opportunity to make an impact on how we serve Chattanoogans. This is the perfect time for you to step back, think about the impact you'd like to have, submit an awesome offer, and then build a plan to achieve those outcomes.
We've streamlined the BFO process based on your feedback from previous years. Our team is with you every step of the way, supporting your work and making sure you have the resources, guidance and tools to be successful.
Building the best mid-size city in America.
The City of Chattanooga is relentlessly focused on the priorities of our residents: safer streets, stronger neighborhoods, a growing economy, smarter students & stronger families, and a high performing government.
These priorities have been elevated with an eye toward effectiveness. And through the innovative BFO process, we can ensure each dollar is justified based on how it delivers results to constituents.
Growing our Local Economy
High Performing Government
Smarter Students & Stronger Families
A Budget Built on Collaboration
- reflects citizen priorities.
- outlines tactics and resources to accomplish goals.
- demonstrates collaboration between different departments, organizations, and agencies.
- includes clear and measurable outcomes.
While not every offer will receive funding from the City of Chattanooga, the BFO process provides valuable feedback and peer discussion to help budget offer writers take a good idea and make it actionable.