BFO Trainings Calendar
Whether you are a first-time offer writer or BFO veteran, we want to offer training opportunities that will help you understand the BFO process and submit a strong offer. See training opportunities below and RSVP. For specific training related questions, email Tyna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance Measurement Hands-On Workshop
Where: Edney Building 5th Floor, 1100 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402
Thursday, January 5th from 2:30 - 4:30 (RSVP)
Monday. January 9th from 2:30 - 4:30 (RSVP)
Why: Join us for a hands on workshop to finalize your performance measures. Now that you have gone through the performance management training sessions and spent some time on your offers, these workshops are there to provide the space and time for you to craft the right performance measures, be successful evaluating your offer's performance throughout the year, and ultimately your desired outcomes.
- FY18 Kickoff Presentation
- FY18 Capital Presentation
- BFO Submission Site
- BFO Handouts
- (For Non-profit / community agencies requesting funding through the BFO process) Additional financial documents and eligibility requirements.
- BFO Performance Measurement Checklist
- Initial Offer Instructions
- Agency Training Powerpoint
Resources for Writing
- BFO Offer Questions and Guiding Commentary
- BFO FY17 Scoring Criteria
- *NEW* BFO FY17 Scoring Guidance
- Sample BFO Offer with Comments
- *NEW* Additional Sample BFO Offers (TechGoesHome)
- Explore FY16 Budget
- Explore FY16 Budget Offers
- (For Capital Projects) Guiding Commentary and a Sample Capital Project Offer.
Cross-Results Area Inspiration and Learning Workshops
Performance Management Workshops
- Session 1 Thinking About Performance Management
- Session 2 Goals, Getting the First Thing Right
- Session 3 Getting to the Right Measures
- Session 4 Setting Targets
- GovEx’s Setting Performance Targets: Getting Started Guide
- Session 5 Putting it All Together
- GovEx’s video Talking About Performance (Without Complicating It)
- GovEx’s website
- GovEx’s Benchmarking Guide
The Budgeting for Outcomes Process
The Budgeting for Outcomes process aims to provide you - our budget offer writers - the opportunity to make an impact on how we serve Chattanoogans. This is the perfect time for you to step back, think about the impact you'd like to have, submit an awesome offer, and then build a plan to achieve those outcomes.
We've streamlined the BFO process based on your feedback from previous years. Our team is with you every step of the way, supporting your work and making sure you have the resources, guidance and tools to be successful.
Building the best mid-size city in America.
The City of Chattanooga is relentlessly focused on the priorities of our residents: safer streets, stronger neighborhoods, a growing economy, smarter students & stronger families, and a high performing government.
These priorities have been elevated with an eye toward effectiveness. And through the innovative BFO process, we can ensure each dollar is justified based on how it delivers results to constituents.
Growing our Local Economy
High Performing Government
Smarter Students & Stronger Families
A Budget Built on Collaboration
- reflects citizen priorities.
- outlines tactics and resources to accomplish goals.
- demonstrates collaboration between different departments, organizations, and agencies.
- includes clear and measurable outcomes.
While not every offer will receive funding from the City of Chattanooga, the BFO process provides valuable feedback and peer discussion to help budget offer writers take a good idea and make it actionable.