To date, Telling Herstories has accomplished the following:
• collected more than 80 interviews with a diverse group women in greater Chattanooga area;
• attracted nearly $10,000 in grant funding from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and Ruth S. Homberg Grant for Faculty Excellence program to support equipment and transcription;
By Fall 2018, the Telling Herstories Subcommittee hopes to:
• conduct a total of 200 interviews with a diverse range of Chattanooga women;
• tell at least 10 stories of Chattanooga women derived from these oral histories and other historic sources in various scholarly and social media outlets, including articles in the Times Free Press, Chattanooga Area Historical Journal, and Nooga.com;
• and work closely with the Suffragette Monument - History Workgroup to inform the design of structure.