The City of Chattanooga’s COVID-19 Emergency Rent and Utility Assistance Program.
Qualifications for assistance
- Must be a renter;
- Must be a City of Chattanooga resident;
- The rental unit must be located within the city limits of Chattanooga;
- Must have had your employment income directly impacted by COVID-19;
- Household income must be at or below 120% of the Area Median Income (AMI). See chart below.
|Family Composition||Maximum Household Income|
What’s required in the application process?
- Proof from your employer that you were laid off, furloughed, or your hours have been significantly reduced;
- Proof of identification (Drivers License, Passport or State Issued ID);
- Three months of pay stubs (for yourself and everyone above 18 in your household);
- Copy of current lease;
- Most recent utility bill.
This is not the application. After you submit an inquiry, an ECD representative will reach out to you within two business days to confirm you qualify for assistance and then send you an application.
If you need a physical copy of the application, they will coordinate a way to get you one.
Funds are limited, so this program will be on a first come first serve basis. Only completed applications will be processed to determine the assistance that can be provided.
*If you receive federal assistance for housing such as; Housing Choice Vouchers (formally section 8) or reside in public housing, you are ineligible to receive assistance for this program.