As part of the City of Chattanooga’s ongoing efforts to create great public spaces and active streets that are the heart of downtown, Patten Parkway will be remade with brick pavers, parking, trees, seating, public art, and more. The new street will recall its history as a market square and be better suited for festivals, concerts, and other events.
Please check here for project updates throughout construction.
- Construction will begin on August 12.
- Demolition and construction will begin on the south side of Patten Pkwy. (see diagram)
- Diagrams for all phases of construction closure are available at this link.
- When demolition and construction of the sidewalk begins, sections of the sidewalk will be temporarily inaccessible, but access to all businesses will be maintained throughout construction.
- CDOT has reserved parking spaces in the parking lot across Lindsay St. from Patten Pkwy. for anyone visiting the businesses along Patten Pkwy. Spaces 1-10 in this parking lot are reserved for complimentary 2 hour parking (see map).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-643-5950 with any questions or for additional information.
Project partners include Chattanooga Department of Transportation, Public Art Chattanooga, Department of Public Works, Chattanooga Design Studio, River City Company, Veterans Memorial Committee, ASA Engineering, and WMWA Landscape Architects.