Since March 2020, Chattanooga and Hamilton County have been working together to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. As of December 2020, more than 20,000 Hamilton County residents have been infected with the virus and more than 200 residents have died.
Vaccine distribution in our community will be led and coordinated by the State of Tennessee and the Hamilton County Health Department. The City of Chattanooga is committed to working with the State of Tennessee, the Hamilton County Health Department, and Hamilton County Office of Emergency Management to support a localized vaccine distribution plan.
While the general public gets ready to receive the vaccine it’s important to remember that this process is about:
- It’s about trust. We trust a mechanic to fix our cars so we can travel safely. We trust firefighters to protect us when a fire breaks out. We trust our doctors to give us the best medical advice to keep us healthy. We need to trust the medical professionals and scientists who have worked around the clock to develop a safe vaccine to protect us from this deadly virus.
- It’s about safety. While these vaccines are being developed as quickly as possible, routine processes and procedures remain in place to ensure the safety of any vaccine that is authorized or approved for use. Safety is a top priority, and there are many reasons to get vaccinated.
- It’s about accountability. We wear seatbelts to keep ourselves safe in the car. We put down the phone when we’re driving to protect ourselves, our passengers, and others. We wear masks to protect ourselves and others. Now, we’re getting vaccinated to protect our community.
- It’s about our values. If we value things like keeping our children in the classroom, we need to get ready to receive the vaccine when it’s available to you.
- It’s about a new day. When our community has immunity from the virus, we’ll be able to get back to doing the things we love with the people we love.
Get Ready -- It’s Up to You. It’s Up to Us.
As our community gets ready to take the vaccine there are a few things we can do now.
Social Media Tools
Show your commitment with a Facebook Profile Picture Frame
On your Facebook profile, update your profile photo and choose "Add Frame." Then, under "Choose a Frame" search 'I'm Ready Chattanooga'.
Right click the images below to download social media graphics to share your commitment with your friends.
Social Timeline Post
Facebook Cover Photo
Twitter Cover Photo